HD to Blu-Ray

Tizzle 11:49 09 Mar 10

Hi,

Have a JVC HD Camcorder, with a load of video on the drive.
I want to download it to the PC, do some basic editing, and then burn to Blu-Ray in HD format, to play on a stand-alone Blu-Ray player through teh TV. The JVC software downloads the files, but in their own format, which I don't think is a standard format. I've tried IMGBurn, but to no effect. Any help greatly appreciated.

Tizzle

MAT ALAN 12:00 09 Mar 10

Would help to know the file format first...

pompyx 12:10 09 Mar 10

This may help Tizzle.

click here

pompyx 12:16 09 Mar 10

Sorry, I should have said read the responses.

MAT ALAN 13:31 09 Mar 10

Could be on the right track pompyx, Tizzle's gonna need some patience with this task, nothing simple these days...

Tizzle 23:08 09 Mar 10

Hi Pompyx & Mat,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Pompyx - your link seems to offer the answer - never even occured to me to just change the file extension - I was thinking I'd have to have all sorts of converters to get it to work!

Will try using IMGBurn again once I've changed the extension and see how I get on.

Was planning on using Nero 9, but have heard there could be problems.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Tizzle

Chas49 00:09 10 Mar 10

Tizzle

I have AVS as per pompyx's link and it does work

pompyx 11:48 10 Mar 10

You are welcome Tizzle, and for preference I always use the versatile Imgburn.

Tizzle 11:52 11 Mar 10

Thanks to everyone for the help - have now managed to open & edit some video!
Would have been nice for JVC to use a recognised file type/extension, but at least I'll know fore next time!

Tizzle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…