Hawking range extender can't detect router

bluecowbill 11:15 18 Oct 08

Hi - Just got a Hawking Wireless Range Extender (HWREG1) but can't get it to find my wireless network and it's plugged into the SKY Wireless Broadband router via the Ethernet cable ! Any ideas ?

ambra4 21:03 18 Oct 08

Download and upgrade the firmware to Version 1.26 via the admin page

Download the Setup Program, which will set up the HWREG1 Wireless-G

Range Extender to allow access to your wireless network

click here

Take a read

click here

bluecowbill 10:39 19 Oct 08

Thanks for the info and links. I've burned the .bin file to a CD via NERO but it's still a .bin file and I still can't load the Set Up option (assuming it's part of the file ...)

ambra4 14:31 19 Oct 08

I will presume that you have connected the unit to a ethernet port on your wireless router via a

ethernet cable, and the wireless was configured with a SSID name and password, and you can

connect to the router and access the internet via a wireless computer

Download the Set Up Program, the Firmware file, and the Quick Install Guides to the desktop of

A computer that is connected to the router via an ethernet cable

Take a read in the Quick Install Guide before you start will help you to understand how the Set

up wizard work

Unzip the set up program and run the exe file

Once the Setup Wizard has loaded you will need to select the device from the list

If nothing appears in the box, double check all your connections and click on “ Refresh.” Once

the Wizard has detected your device click “Next” to move on to the next step and just follow the

instruction on the screen

Once you have completed the set up wizard and can access the unit via your web browser you

can upgrade the firmware using the bin file that you have on the desktop via the Upgrade tab

or the Admin tab in the unit, Chapter 6 page 24 in the user manual the bin file is just the

firmware file that will upgrade the unit to the latest firmware, nothing to do with setting up the

unit

Download and read Users Manual from the link that I supplied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now