having trouble creatin home network, hlp pls!

lelole76 14:34 24 Aug 07

Hi
Been trying to set up a home network using our existing wireless network. I have a pc wired to the router and connected to the printer. I also have a laptop connecting wirelessly to the netowrk. I have run the netowrk setup wizard on both machines, but cannot seem to be able to get the laptop to "see" the other computer. When I click on view workgroup to see what is hapening, I am told that it is "not accessible- you do nothave permission to use this network resource" and "windows cannot find a network path"
I can't seem to find the printer either.

I can see the laptop from the main computer fine.

I have tried removing PCguard from the main computer (was going to get za anyway as finding PCG highly irritating), but this has not helped. Am running Norton IS on laptop.

Both computers are XP.

Any help much appreicated!

fyi,
click here
some things to look at.

wotbus@ 15:28 24 Aug 07

You may get better coverage here:
click here

lelole76 19:15 24 Aug 07

Thanks I will have a look at these later. Unfortunately I think that it may now be the least of my worries - I can't get my laptop to connect at all to the wireless network - it just spends ages "talking" to the router and acquiring... Think I may have to try and reset the whole thing...
Thanks
Leah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced