Having some sound issues

Mekanos 01:39 07 Jul 08

Hi all,

Just came back from a 3 week holiday to find that my sound no longer works on my PC. I dont think its a loose connection problem as I have already checked all that.

My sound card is a Creative SB X-Fi and I have a Dell 2.1 speaker system.

Any idea on what could have gone wrong?

Post if you need me to provide specific details as at this point i dont know what would be useful. Everyting seems to be just the way I left it except that theres just no sound!

Thanks in advance.

ambra4 02:10 07 Jul 08

Go – Control Panel – Sound And Audio Device – check that the audio is set up correct and not

Muted

Is the sound icon showing in the task bar

birdface 05:08 07 Jul 08

Sometimes Microsoft gives some bad audio updates.If you can go into device manager and roll back the sound driver and see if that helps.Make sure the sound is not muted on your keyboard.

ronalddonald 08:06 07 Jul 08

you have the driver cd. If so downlaod it again from there. Make sure no headphones are plugged into the headphone socket

jellyhead 08:14 07 Jul 08

If you are using digital connection to your speakers, the digital on/off in the X-fi, creative console launcher has sometimes come unselected on my system, why it has happened I don't know, but it could be the problem.

Mekanos 08:56 07 Jul 08

Thanks for the replies.

Sound wasnt working this morning, so went about checking the stuff everyone has mentioned on this thread when suddenly it started working again. Then it stopped and started randomly for half an hour and now it seems to be working fine!

Hopefully it'll stay like this.

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…