//some 3rd party need geo

Having probles reformating laptop

josie mayhem 19:55 10 Apr 04

I really need a work around or something, and if it invovles dos, I will need to be lead every inch of the way, has I can fdisk and a couple of very basic commands about 2, of them and that it.

I want to reformat and reinstall my laptop, a old tashiba p2, 311oct portege. But the both the floppy and cd drives are external, the floppy is a usb and the cd is pmic card. the bios only allows me to boot from fdd, lan or hhd. Also I really would prefer NTFS than the fats (not 32)

I can get so far using the cd, but not reformating the file system, but it will load so much and then it goes to a blue screen, and says it can't go any futher, something about an unbootable drive?

I've run out of ideas, any suggestions

AndySD 19:58 10 Apr 04

what operating system are you trying to load?

josie mayhem 21:16 10 Apr 04

Win2000 pro, the computer is second hand, and restore disk had been lost. So the win2000 is a spare copy of mine off a defunked machine,

I do also have a old copy of win98se, which I can use.

AndySD 21:53 10 Apr 04

click here it looks like you need to update the bios before you can install windows 2000

click here for the drivers you will need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…