Having problems uninstalling AVG Free

Tina19721 19:26 23 Apr 07

I have been using AVG free on our pc without any problems until recently. This week it has been trying to update and saying that the update has been unsuccessful. I am also getting an alert from windows saying that the software is out of date.

I am obviously worried as I cannot go without some anti-virus software.

I have tried to uninstall AVG free but I cannot find it when I go into add or remove programs. I can find the file through the search facility.

When I try to delete the file it comes up with the message that it cannot delete the file because another person or program is using it. I have shut down all the programs I can think of & nobody else is logged on. I am still getting the message.

I have tried downloading AVG again hoping to just overwrite the orgiinal file but this comes up with an error message too.

I have emailed AVG but have had no response from them so far.

Many thanks

Tina

Technotiger 19:27 23 Apr 07

Hi, have you tried a System Restore back to before the problems occurred?

anskyber 19:27 23 Apr 07

Try their uninstaller. click here

iscanut2 19:42 23 Apr 07

Have you upgraded to the new version 7.5 as the older version is probably no longer supported.
Have a look here if not and download new version
click here

Tina19721 13:32 24 Apr 07

Thanks Technotiger.

The system restore worked and it is now working perfectly and has no trouble with updates.

Technotiger 13:48 24 Apr 07

Grrreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…