Having problems uninstalling AVG Free

Tina19721 19:26 23 Apr 07

I have been using AVG free on our pc without any problems until recently. This week it has been trying to update and saying that the update has been unsuccessful. I am also getting an alert from windows saying that the software is out of date.

I am obviously worried as I cannot go without some anti-virus software.

I have tried to uninstall AVG free but I cannot find it when I go into add or remove programs. I can find the file through the search facility.

When I try to delete the file it comes up with the message that it cannot delete the file because another person or program is using it. I have shut down all the programs I can think of & nobody else is logged on. I am still getting the message.

I have tried downloading AVG again hoping to just overwrite the orgiinal file but this comes up with an error message too.

I have emailed AVG but have had no response from them so far.

Many thanks

Tina

Technotiger 19:27 23 Apr 07

Hi, have you tried a System Restore back to before the problems occurred?

anskyber 19:27 23 Apr 07

Try their uninstaller. click here

isca2 19:42 23 Apr 07

Have you upgraded to the new version 7.5 as the older version is probably no longer supported.
Have a look here if not and download new version
click here

Tina19721 13:32 24 Apr 07

Thanks Technotiger.

The system restore worked and it is now working perfectly and has no trouble with updates.

Technotiger 13:48 24 Apr 07

Grrreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…