having problems setting up graphics card

eddie937 18:49 13 Oct 06

ATI red ball with white cross apears at start up. it says' No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware'. i have an ATI radeon x1600pro 256mb graphics card. i have been to ATI website but do not know which driver to install, im running xp home. can someone help me , pleeeeease.

sil_ver 19:01 13 Oct 06
  ICF 19:04 13 Oct 06

Down load the "Catalyst Control Center Package" from the link below.

click here

Catalyst Control Center Package

ICF 19:07 13 Oct 06

Click on these links

Windows XP Drivers and Software

RADEON

Catalyst 6.9 Windows XP - Driver Download

Catalyst Control Center Package

eddie937 19:25 13 Oct 06

im having problems installing the software which ICF pointed to. i get so far with the installation then i get an error message saying 'setup was unable to complete insallation. Try to setup you display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup'.
Anymore ideas would be welcome.
Eddie

STREETWORK 19:28 13 Oct 06

use the ATI removal tool to completely remove the drivers and control panel for it then install the drivers again

eddie937 19:41 13 Oct 06

i have used the ATI removal tool in the control panel/add/remove programs and tried to install again but get the same error message. Any other ideas.
Eddie

ICF 19:54 13 Oct 06

Have you rebooted?

ICF 19:55 13 Oct 06

Uninstall the card driver in add and remove programs and reboot.Then install the driver.

eddie937 07:19 14 Oct 06

where would i find a standard VGA driver?

ICF 07:22 14 Oct 06

Windows has it's own

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…