//some 3rd party need geo

having problem removing fixed exe file

rushman369 10:45 12 Jun 06

i downloaded a fixed exe file for tiger woods pga tour 2004.after running the download my computer has be infected and i cannot get an on line scan from microsoft to remove it,as when the scan reaches a certain file(which i do not know)the computer shuts down.please can anyone help me as my antivirus does not seem to find the virus in question.

Josho™ 10:54 12 Jun 06

If you could find out where it is you could delete it manually. Get AVG or Avast.
click here
click here

ACOLYTE 10:54 12 Jun 06

Have you tried uninstalling the game?.The exe file should be in the game folder what you could try is opening the cd and copying the exe file off that back to the game folder or maybe reinstalling the game.If you have the original file you downloaded scan that with an AV app and see what it says.You could try this click here see if it finds anything.

rushman369 11:32 12 Jun 06

after i uninstalled the program i looked in the add/remove program and the file is still there but nowhere else in the computer.when i try to remove it goes through the uninstall process and then finishes.but when i click finish it is still there.

Thalmus 11:33 12 Jun 06

Do you mean a cracked exe file?
and you got a virus on your system?
thats strange......

rushman369 11:34 12 Jun 06

i've even tried to re-install the program but to no avail.

rushman369 11:35 12 Jun 06

it was a cracked exe file yes

Thalmus 11:41 12 Jun 06

Unfortuantly is what you get for downloadin illegal software.

The only i can suggest is gonig back to a previous restore point

Les 11:45 12 Jun 06

I have found, in the past, that when I get a file which refuses to be deleted from Windows that, by clicking Start (bottom left corner) then All programs/Accessories/Command Prompt - then after making sure that you are in the folder where the troublesome file is - simply type del 'filename.exe' using the actual filename.

rushman369 11:55 12 Jun 06

i suppose my laziness cost me.but i have the origional game and couldn't be bothered to put in the disc to play it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…