Having a problem deleting a shortcut

eckhayles 20:39 25 Oct 08

Ive just purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista, i read somewhere that RegCure was a useful prgram to have but i found that it wasnt the best so i uninstalled it, but the shortcut has stayed on my desktop and when i try to delete it i get this message:

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop. Verify the items location and try again.

Now i have searched for RegCure on my comp and found nothing and have tried deleting over and over and still get the same message, please help

Thanks in advance

trev23 20:56 25 Oct 08

try clickig start,search, and type the word regcure, if any results appear with the words regcure delete them and then delete the shortcut again. I found regseeker a good registry cleaner try running that afterwords.

trev23 20:57 25 Oct 08

try clickig start,search, and type the word regcure, if any results appear with the words regcure delete them and then delete the shortcut again. I found regseeker a good registry cleaner try running that afterwards.

birdface 21:03 25 Oct 08

Install it again and remove it from Add Remove.This if there is anything else you want to remove.click here

birdface 21:10 25 Oct 08

[read somewhere that RegCure was a useful prgram to have but i found that it wasnt the best ]Always better to ask.Most of those adverts are for companies selling the product.

rdave13 21:17 25 Oct 08

Log off and log on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…