having a problem with copy and paste.

Emperor Penguin 15:11 31 May 08

have been having trouble copying links and pasting them. never had a problem before until about 2 days ago. i have no idea what is the cause and some things i can copy and paste with no trouble. i try to copy urls and the word "paste" is greyed out... any ideas?

jolorna 15:35 31 May 08

try ctrl v to paste

Emperor Penguin 15:43 31 May 08

no, cntrl v to paste is not working either..

ened 15:51 31 May 08

If the word Paste is greyed out it means there is nothing in the clipboard.

So you need to go back to that which you were copying and make sure you HAVE copied it.

Shortcuts

Ctl C to copy

Ctl V to paste

Ctl X to cut

Hope this helps

Emperor Penguin 17:50 31 May 08

i'm highlighting the url then right click, copy as normal. I must have done it half a million times before but for some reason "paste" is still greyed out.

Emperor Penguin 17:51 31 May 08

tried it with cut and the text is cut but still nothing there when i try to paste

ened 17:58 31 May 08

Not wishing to state the obvious, but, before you paste, are you getting the cursor in the area you wish to paste into?

Sea Urchin 18:08 31 May 08

Does it work if you stay on the same page? For example, if you right-click and copy the URL at the top of this page and then right click in the message box below - is "paste" available?

VoG II 18:16 31 May 08

Once you have copied something, Start, Run, enter

clipbrd.exe

and press OK. Do you see what you copied?

Emperor Penguin 18:16 31 May 08

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I tried copying the link on this page and it pasted on this page so i tried on a different page with another link and it didn't work. I came back to this page and tried again and now it doesn't paste again. I have never had any problem like this before, I have done cut/copy and paste thousands of times before and never had this.

Emperor Penguin 18:19 31 May 08

ahhh i tried that and i see that some links are not being copied properly into the clipboard. what does this mean? what can i do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac