Having a few issues with Internet Explorer 6.0

neednsumhelp 12:23 07 Jan 04

Hello. My computer was recently infected with a virus called Exploit Byte verify.

I have successfully removed the virus from my system, however i have been experienceing some problems with Internet Explorer 6.0 which i believe may have been caused by the virus.

Problem 1:

Whenever i click on the dropdown box in the address bare, the current Internet Explorer window freezes and stops responding.

Problem 2:

I can no longer open links that require IE to open a new window. The page instead freezes for roughly a minute and refreshes the page.

I hope someone will be able to help me.

Many Thanks

jimv7 12:25 07 Jan 04

Go into add remove programmes, remove ie6, and it will give you the option to remove or repair, chose the repair option.

neednsumhelp 12:38 07 Jan 04

I cannot locate IE in Add/remove programs.

However i can locate it in the Add/remove windows components. I have removed IE from the computer via add/remove windows components, however i have yet to be presented with a repair option.

Could you advise further?

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…