have your web design made reality and cheap

Conan_1975 23:01 22 Apr 05

if you want someone else to do the work in building your webpage/site

click here

check him out, does any one no anyone else offering a service like thisand does his offer seem reasonable...

Nelmon2k 00:46 23 Apr 05

seems like a awful lot for very little. £50 to make a guestbook script. Thats a little OTT

Forum Editor 14:01 23 Apr 05

Why not come clean Conan_1975 - and tell us that you are related to this person? There's nothing wrong with that, and we prefer people to be out in the open about such things.

Having said that, your son/brother has made a reasonable job of his site - he's trying hard, and it's good to see that. There are numerous misuses of apostrophes, and it would be good to get those sorted out. In addition, I think Joseph will find that many people will doubt that they'll really get unlimited bandwidth on the server for £38 a year hosting charge. There's bound to be a bandwidth limit for that price, and it would be an idea to get that straight in the text - otherwise Joseph mind find that he's got a Trades description action against him one fine day.

It's probably not necessary to include full details of Joseph's CV on the site - potential customers will not be interested in his hobbies or school record.

All in all I think Joseph's charges are reasonable, provided he can come up with the goods, and I wish him well with his site - it's always good to see people making an effort to establish themselves in this way.

Conan_1975 14:07 23 Apr 05

I am related he's my brother but family don't listen to your advice so i thought I would get others with the knowledge to view and make a valid decision however did not want my relation with him to sway peoples replies i wanted brutal honesty.....ow else is he going to make his mark in this here world of web design....besides he does something i can't do so i can't criticise

Forum Editor 15:06 23 Apr 05

if he keeps at it, and is good enough - the fact that you're related to him isn't going to alter the views that might be expressed here, so don't worry about that.

Here's my advice:-

1. Edit the text and remove the apostrophes that shouldn't be there.

2. Review the text with a critical eye - keep it to the point, and make sure that there are no claims that can't be fulfilled (check that 'no bandwidth limit' clause.

3. Remove the email hyperlink on the contact page - it will attract spam. Include the address as a graphic instead. Do the same on the FAQ page

4. Ask people for a payment in advance of site completion - or tell them that payment must be made in full before the site goes live to the server. The world is full of unscrupulous individuals, and many new designers are taken for a ride by people who get their hands on a finished site before any money changes hands.

Conan_1975 15:12 23 Apr 05

your imput has been very suportive thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…