have you ever been able to copy a cd to a cd...

athenrye 18:37 21 Mar 08

if you ahve two cd roms/copiers

have you ever been able to copy a music cd to a cd direct without downloadng the music to your pc?

i was under the impression that you were never able to do this and had to rip all music to ps then copy it

my friend said no he used to put the bought cd in the top rom and copy it direct to a blank one in the cd copier below

is or was this ever possible
will

alB 18:41 21 Mar 08

Do it all the time, I believe the technical term is "on the fly" copying ....alB

athenrye 18:44 21 Mar 08

wel share the secret
hows it done?

do you need a programme, will i be able to do it with wmp11 or nero?

cheers
will

eedcam 18:45 21 Mar 08

Could be wrong but would say no it would have to read the first disc and store it somewhere prior to writing to the blank

Sea Urchin 18:53 21 Mar 08

Yes, Nero will do it for you. Go onto Data and then copy CD - it will guide you through the process. And you only need one re-writer.

MAJ 18:56 21 Mar 08

AS alB says, it's called 'on the fly', your burning software should have the option somewhere.

athenrye 19:04 21 Mar 08

thanks sea urchin
ive got 2 disk units so so should a bit quicker and easier

all these years and i had to copy some crap onto my pc for people when copying them disks

no more kajagoogoo

thanks
will

malgall 19:05 21 Mar 08

yes i have also done this i think windows will let you copy a cd to cd direct

Jak_1 19:08 21 Mar 08

I thought this was standard in all burning programs!

woodchip 19:13 21 Mar 08

In Nero I just click copy, it writes the CD to Hard Drive then tels me to put a blank disc in the drive. it then writes the copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…