Have we an Intruder?

wetterfugal? 13:28 25 Jun 03

Recently certain keywords, computer, download, pc, windows, and no doubt others are heavily underlined. Resting the cursor over them pops up a message "Wi Fi Mobile Easy from Microsoft Signup for 30 days of free wireless sevice now"

Is this adware encroching on the PC Advisor site? or is it on my computer? I have run AdAware and SpyBot and it still apears.

Or is it PC Advisor?

Djohn 13:30 25 Jun 03

It's advertising through the PCA site, all above board. Regards. j.

wetterfugal? 13:32 25 Jun 03

I have also noticed that when I enter a forum the page displays and then there is a momentary "Hiccup" as the page intantly refreshes and the underlining appears.

leo49 13:32 25 Jun 03

Look at the top of this page underneath Helproom!

"PC Advisor now highlights keywords selected by our advertisers, typically a vendor name, product or service. Keywords are underlined in green and are hyper-linked to the advertiser's site."

wetterfugal? 13:38 25 Jun 03

I thought that it may be the site, I hope that it is not the start of more keyword orientated advertising. The Flash popups are bad enough. I know that advertising is an important source of revenue so I shall just take a benzoflourazide tablet and forget it.

Djohn 13:38 25 Jun 03

The hiccough or short flash is also due to a similar thing, most of us are seeing this at the moment, and PCA are aware of it. Regards. j.

wetterfugal? 13:42 25 Jun 03

How unobservant of me, I see it now, anyway this is still the best fourum on the web, it is a small price to pay.

woodchip 13:43 25 Jun 03

And if you do not want to see these or be bothered by them run Netscape or Opera instead of Internet Explorer

wetterfugal? 13:44 25 Jun 03

Well it has a least been instumental in teaching me how to spell hiccough.

Djohn 13:47 25 Jun 03

I spelt it the same as you! it was IE Spell that picked it up and changed it. :o)

graham√ 14:31 25 Jun 03

'Hiccup' is correct.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…