Have to switch on/off at back to start computer

Retired at last 12:54 PM 09 Mar 13

When starting in the morning pressing the front button has no effect. I switch off at the back, wait for the LED in the start button to light momentarily, then switch back on. Then when I press the front button the computer starts and runs all day (until it is shut down at about 23:00), without any problems. Any and all advice appreciated.

wee eddie 13:19 PM 09 Mar 13

Any problems with the clock?

Retired at last 13:29 PM 09 Mar 13

No,the clock seems to be keeping good time.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 PM 09 Mar 13

make / model?

age of machine

lotvic 16:57 PM 09 Mar 13

How do you shut down at night? Power Settings, might only be going into Hibernation or Sleep and then can't wake up. (like most of us :))

Retired at last 20:08 PM 09 Mar 13

It's a Medion MD8339 (Akoya X7330), three years old in January past, so just out of warranty!

Shutting down at night is using Windows "Shut Down" button. If any programs are still running it refuses to shut down until I close them manually or tell it to shut them down, so it's not hibernating.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 AM 10 Mar 13

Sounds like PSU is starting to fail (unusual for a medion) but first check what the power settings are in the BIOS

spuds 13:08 PM 10 Mar 13

I am not sure if I am reading this right, but it appears that when you do switch on, you leave the computer on all day till 23.00, when it then perhaps shuts-off automatically?.

Have you tried shutting-off and restarting during the 'normal' running day procedure. If so, What happens?.

Retired at last 23:24 PM 10 Mar 13

Hi Fruit Bat, What should I be looking for in the power settings?

Retired at last 11:33 AM 11 Mar 13

Hi Spuds, I shut the computer down manually at about 23:00 (I don't have to get up early so late nights are the order of the day here!)

I've tried shutting down and then restarting this morning and it restarted without any problems. That was just for five minutes, so later today I'll shut down for an hour or so and see what happens then.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:15 PM 11 Mar 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites