Have several accounts on same window - OE

salsatraducoes 11:41 28 Oct 09

Dear mates,

I would like some advise for the following.

WLM doesn't work for me - that IMAP thing is always crushing. I would like to go back to Outlook Express for my personal email accounts. (I already use Thunderbird for my professional email accounts).

I know how to setup several accounts using several identities so that the email/folders/address gets separated and I also know how to setup several email accounts on the same window - the email is delivered on the same folder, unless I define filters.

What bothers me is that some years ago I went to a colleagues home and she had her OE opened and I saw on the same window her inbox and her boyfriends' inbox. These seamed to be in different 'Local Folder' directories (just like in Thuderbird). Is it possible or am I dreaming it? (I've done several searches and I can't find nothing that can help).

Your input is very appreciated!

Clapton is God 11:57 28 Oct 09

You can create as many local folders, as sub-folders of the Inbox, as you wish.

You can them name those folder for each of your identities.

Let's call them Identity 1, Identity 2 and Identity 3.

To ensure that e-mails sent to each of your various addresses 'drop' into the correct folder you'll need to set up filters as you've already stated.

You'd set up a filter for your 'main' address so that e-mails drop into the Identity 1 folder for instance, set up another filter so that e-mails to your secondary address drop into the Identity 2 folder and so on.

Simsy 12:18 28 Oct 09

However, the use of the term "Identity" I think is perhaps confusing in the example given, as in that example it is something different to the OE meaning of the word "Identity", which is rather specific.

I'm pretty sure that what you may have seen was just one "Identity" logged in on OE, and the folders set up to recieve email into them from different accounts, as described by Clapton is God.

With apologies if I'm wrong, or this doesn't help!

Regards,

Simsy

salsatraducoes 13:05 28 Oct 09

The way you say, all folders will be below the same directory 'tree', right?

When I say 'Local Folder' I really meant that the program would create another 'Local Folder' directory just like in Thunderbird.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…