have removed my docs folder & want to put it back

march 16:56 27 May 05

got winds 98se

have done something silly

I was trying to do a new 'send to'shortcut by using start, explore, but somehow I have put the 'my docs' folder in the send to folder & also cannot access the 'my docs' from the desktop can someone tell me how to put the 'my docs' folder back where it belongs & how to access it again from the desktop please?

march

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 27 May 05

Search for my documents then use explorer to drag and drop it to where you wish.

Click the my documents icon on the desktop and check where it says the target is (C:\documents and settings\your logon \My documents) then drag it to that location with explorer

march 17:32 27 May 05

hello Fruit Bat /\0/
forgive me for asking this but how do I search for 'my docs' its a bit confusing to me,
is there any way I can do it from start, explore, then put it where it use to be that way (I think it was in desktop but not sure)or is that the way you mean?

march 17:49 27 May 05

have gone into start,programs, windows explorer, found 'my docs' in the send to folder, can someone tell me how I get to put it back where it orginally was please?

would it have been in desktop?

iambeavis 18:16 27 May 05

In "98", I think the location is C:\My Documents.

march 18:22 27 May 05

in windows explorer in the right hand pane do I highlight 'C' to open the window

then drag the 'my docs' folder from 'the send to folder' into the left window?

iambeavis 18:32 27 May 05

Double click the "My Computer" icon - you should then see the drive.

march 18:39 27 May 05

will try to explain what I think I should be doing

start, programs,explorer,

in the left window is drive 'C' in the right window is the items in drive 'C'

do I then drag the 'my docs' folder from out of the 'send to' folder' and put it in the right hand window that is open from 'C' drive?

sorry if anyone thinks I'm a dumbo but I get scared doing these things wished I'd never started trying to a new shortcut in the first place!

Joe R 18:41 27 May 05

march,

as iambeavis states, the my documents folder should be in view, when you click on my computer.
Right click on the folder, and choose, send to desktop. create shortcut.

iambeavis 18:52 27 May 05

That sounds about right.

march 19:11 27 May 05

thankyou so much have done it with your help;

next time I have a bright 'I think I can do this by myself' idea I will ask for step by step instructions from someone first.

many thanks to one & all

x march

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…