have a problem with outlook express

raytheman 20:43 10 Aug 03

Have a problem with outlook express,yesterday morning my contact list in the bottom left hand side vanished,have tried using layout,click tick off then on,the box comes up but no contacts in it.
checked address book all addresses are in there,but can`t get it to show them on my contact list.
Have msn messenger,in my email express,is that the item causeing the problem or has outlook express gone wrong?if so how do you fix it?
Have windows XP,internet explorer6,which I have tried to install again but XP will not allow this.
any idea please
ray

Wak 21:01 10 Aug 03

I don't know where to look in Win XP as I run Win 98SE, but if you can find and run the Internet Explorer Repair Tool this will also repair Outlook Express.
Try looking in Control Panel/ Add,Remove programs, highlight Internet Explorer and click remove, you will be given the opportunity to either repair it or remove it.
It's certainly worth a try.

Griffon 21:09 10 Aug 03

Just a thought, raythman. Are you looged onto xp as the user who made the contacts in the first place? I'm not 100% sure but my guess is that if you're not, presumably you won't see them as they are specific to the logged on user.

R4 21:17 10 Aug 03

May be this is of help::: In Outlook 2000 you can go to Help were there is a Detect and repair option; I am not sure if this is the same in the EP Version. as thsi is a part of the 'Office Suite' you need the Office CD to repair Outlook. Or just load the Office CD and choose the repair option::

raytheman 21:07 11 Aug 03

Hi no sorry your all wrong,I am the adminstrator,on this computer,you can`t repair internet explorer,in windows xp as it comes as part of it.
Internet explorer is not in the add remove section in control panel,since I am the only user of this computer,had enough and reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP.
assume an update from microsoft went wrong.
also tried a repair,before hand,no the same,when it started.
I have read before from a computer mag,that some updates do more harm than good.
Thanks for your advice,but sorted now.

R4 19:03 19 Aug 03

I never mentioned Internet Explorer, Outlook is a mail program. Maybe you your mail settings have gone haywire or address book corrupted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…