have lost word and excel after reinstall!!

BRUM-WELSH 16:31 14 Aug 07

hi to you all
i have reinstalled xp pro,and have found i have no longer got Word or Excel anymore?i have tried Microsoft site but cant find anything.any help is appreciated.
brumwelsh

Tim1964 16:44 14 Aug 07

Word and Excel are part of MS office and not part of the OS (XP/Vista).

When you did the re-install of the OS did you do a clean install or just the OS? If you have the disc for Office then you will need to install it again.

It may be that it's just the shortcuts on the desktop tht have gone, if so do a search ford winword.exe to see if it's still there.

Good luck.

BRUM-WELSH 16:55 14 Aug 07

i havent the disc for office.looks like iv lost word and excel.is it possible to find a download for it tim or another application similar to it?
Thanks

P1d 17:02 14 Aug 07

You can't download Microsoft Office but here's a link to openoffice (and it's free)

click here

BRUM-WELSH 17:50 14 Aug 07

thanks P1d.does it offer the same kind of things as Office?will mainly be using it for cvs,letters.

P1d 21:21 14 Aug 07

Yeah it does. I use it on my laptop for all my documents, spreadsheets etc and all my business data is held and created using the OpenOffice suite. It has opened everything I've thrown at it.

BRUM-WELSH 17:34 16 Aug 07

thanks for all your help.very happy with the program...and the missus is off my back now for losing Word!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…