have to keep re activating web page

johnnyrocker 17:16 21 Mar 06

dont quite know if i can explain this properly but i shall have a go,
this problem occurs in ie 6 xp pro sp2, basically what happens is more noticeable when using hotmail, when i either send or read a message and go back to in box for example the page has not updated and needs a refresh or if it has updated it has become inactive (ie grey at top of page) and needs clicking on again to make active. if you can understand me;)

johnny.

VoG II 17:38 21 Mar 06

Tools/Internet Options, General tab, Settings button. Tick 'Every visit to the page'.

johnnyrocker 20:05 21 Mar 06

cheers it was set to automatic, have set as you suggested and will run it for tonite and see.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 10:15 22 Mar 06

well this morning there is little change still getting same issues.

johnny.

ACOLYTE 14:05 22 Mar 06

Im not quite sure what you mean by "inactive" when you use the hotmail site each item you click should open on the same page,inbox/junk mail and such so the page should always be active.

johnnyrocker 14:16 22 Mar 06

the blue band at the top greys out and one has to click again on the page to make it active ( i knew i didnt make it too clear)

johnny.

ACOLYTE 14:53 22 Mar 06

I never heard of such a thing,unless you have yahoo tool bar installed,this has been know to make the page inactive when it retrieves icons and such from yahoo.

johnnyrocker 14:57 22 Mar 06

no yahoo tool bar installed but if i leave here now and go to the open hot mail page it will be inactive til i click on it to do anything.

johnny.

terryf 15:10 22 Mar 06

Take the easy way out and download firefox but click here

johnnyrocker 17:07 22 Mar 06

thanks for that i have tried sfc scanow to try and resolve issue and i have latest updates, registry bit not too keen on;)
might well take your advice.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 22:55 22 Mar 06

any helpers re obtaining firefox pls?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…