have internet connection

harps1h 21:17 23 Apr 07

but when i try to update avg or do any internet activity i cannot load pages. this is on an acer travel mate laptop using either ethernet or wireless. it come up with the message telling internet connect but no pages load. the os is xp and the wireless and the wired connection are on the network and connected.

harps1h 08:17 24 Apr 07

^

The Kestrel 08:24 24 Apr 07

Can you load up the internet using your browser (IE, Firefox etc.)so that you can see your home page? If so, try doing this first to ensure internet is connected, minimise the page and then try downloading the AVG updates. If this does not work, try checking in your firewall that AVG is allowed to connect to your PC by the firewall, if not change the firewall settingsd to allow access.

harps1h 13:21 24 Apr 07

i have tried the avg test and it come up with no connection error message. i have disabled the firewall also bt stil no pages come.

The Kestrel 13:36 24 Apr 07

It may be a fault with the AVG program. Uninstall AVG using add/remove programs in Control Panel and then reinstall it again from click here . See if you can download the updates that will be avaiable with the fresh install.

harps1h 18:15 24 Apr 07

it is downloading and connecting fully using another account on the same laptop

birdface 18:26 24 Apr 07

Try ,Internet explorer.File.Make sure work offline is unticked.

harps1h 18:51 24 Apr 07

i'll try that at work on friday (it's a work laptop)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…