have i wiped my memory card by reinstalling?

weezul 09:19 24 Jul 07

Hi,
my husband reinstalled at the weekend, and now his camera wont recognise his memeory card.

If the card was in the printer, attached to the computer (pc recognises it as an external drive f: or e:) would the reinstall do this to the card?

Is there any way of retrieving? it's full of wedding Pictures

jack 09:25 24 Jul 07

It is likely that the card was reformatted whilst in the PC during this process.
The camera will not now recognise the card because the card is not now in 'camera'[EXIF] format.
You should be able to reformat the card in the CAMERA however to camera format.

weezul 09:27 24 Jul 07

Hi, thanks, the reformatting makes sense. I'm guessing that reformatting will have deleted all the photo's though right?

iscanut2 09:28 24 Jul 07

reformatting the card will wipe everything on it. If there are wedding pics, you will lose them if you reformat. Try reading the card via the camera or buy a cheap external card reader and see if card can be read before even thinking of a reformat. If the card has somehow been reformatted, then you have post your pics !

dan* 09:28 24 Jul 07

Read some of this click here

then click on the yellow envelope next to woodchips name and ask him if he will email the program to you.

jack 09:29 24 Jul 07

Retrieving the Card images is another problem.
but solvable - possibly
Before reformatting in the camera as suggested.
Come back to the computer.
Download from the Web 'PC Inspector' from click here

It is possible this recovery program will pull up those now deleted images.

If you are still having difficulty
Use the yellow envelope to contact me to discuss further off list

iscanut2 09:29 24 Jul 07

PS..stupid me..if camera does not read card, then you probably cant read from the camera, but an external card reader is worth a try !

ventanas 09:30 24 Jul 07

There are a number pf programs that will recover images from formatted cards such as click here

Try typing Image recovery into google for a host of choices.

This assumes that the card has not been overwritten with new images.

weezul 09:38 24 Jul 07

Thanks for the fast response guys
I will try the recomends when i get home tonight. see if i can borrow an external card reader too.
cheers

Probabilitydrive 09:39 24 Jul 07

just need to be aware that the download site is kosher, unfortunately 'freedownloadscenter.com' according to click here might contain spy-ware, so use it at your peril

P1d 09:43 24 Jul 07

You could try Lexar Image Rescue, I know a few photographers who have used it successfully for corrupt cards, this may help.

Fingers crossed.

Pid

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…