have i the right key ( key finder) xp

nobbyhigo 19:27 16 Aug 14

i have the samsung recovery discs to reinstall XP home and hoped i had the right key the one under the netbook has been rubbed off i have used a couple of key finders and they both come up with the same code just wondered if they were the same thing in case it calls for the COA samsung nc10 xp home

nobbyhigo 20:09 16 Aug 14

no I havnt got the recovery partition or keycode on the disc

Batch 20:58 16 Aug 14

I don't think the key that keyfinder gives you will be same as one off the CoA label.

Reason for this is that the one used in the factory install is a bulk one used by the manufacturer. What happens is that they just copy exactly the same set-up onto the disks of a whole host of PCs and they use a generic key allocated specifically for use in such circumstances.

The CoA label has a specific key allocated to that machine to be used in case of a re-install from CD/DVD (i.e. it is your specific licence key that nobody else has).

Furthermore, the one used for the factory bulk install will not work if you try to install off CD/DVD.

nobbyhigo 11:39 22 Aug 14

ok Its done Samsung recovery disc didnt ask for any key just went straight in thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…