have i really got sp3?

johnnyrocker 09:08 08 May 08

last night my auto update advised me there were updates for my pc, when i checked it one was for a defender update and the other said it was sp3, after reading various issues and problems with this download i decided to check this morning for myself in ad/remove after ticking show updates i find no listing for sp3 hence my question above.

johnny

right click my computer>properties,should tell you there.

or type into run winver

Technotiger 09:13 08 May 08

In my Add/Remove SP3 is shown near the bottom (without showing updates) listed as Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Stuartli 09:24 08 May 08

As *Raven* correctly states, right clicking on My Computer>Properties>General tab will indicate if you have "Service Pack 3" (the Final version); the previous Beta version comes up as SP3 RC2.

johnnyrocker 09:27 08 May 08

well right clicked comp and properties it shows sp2 makes me wonder what last night was all about then?

johnny

Arnie 11:14 08 May 08

Johnny.

Download XP sp3 directly from here.

Save to your computer and copy it to disc.

click here

Arnie.

johnnyrocker 11:21 08 May 08

thanks but i will wait for official download via updates which i am told is due any day now but thanks.

johnny

Technotiger 11:28 08 May 08

I used VoG's link in this thread, click here to download mine yesterday. As far as PC's are concerned I would trust VoG with my life, so to speak.

johnnyrocker 11:34 08 May 08

appreciated and ditto re vog.

johnny.

Switcher 13:06 08 May 08

Windows KEY + Break Key Will bring up System Properties OK you only save i second. !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…