have i got a virus?

shezzer 21:02 27 Apr 03

Sometimes when looking at this site my screen goes haywire the start menu keeps opening and closing desktop dropdown box keeps flashing all over the screen and different programme install box appears in the taskbar then internet explorer shuts down . CPU usage shows 100% quickly then normal and everthing back to normal .I have run norton anti virus which has found nothing its very odd . My o/s is win xp

mammak 21:18 27 Apr 03

am a bit of a novice but recently had a virus myself, ( their are so many) sounds like there is conflict somewhere though, hold tight this is a brill forum great expert adivce, someone soon should have the know how to help you out, comps are great thing,s when they work not so good when they go wrong eh!!good luck too you anyway mate

bobbyc 21:27 27 Apr 03

what size hdd and memory do you have .
sounds like its running to slow to me i had the same prob on my sisters pc upped the memory to solve it

shezzer 21:41 27 Apr 03

bobby c
hdd=82Gb 37Gb used
mem=256 ddr
proc=Athlon 2200 XP

hugh-265156 21:41 27 Apr 03

run adaware click here or spybot click here to rule out spyware and see if it helps

shezzer 21:52 27 Apr 03

i run spybot and found 10 spyware progs deleted them so hopefully it might be ok now thanks everyone for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…