have i got a virus

llollipoppi 22:00 14 Apr 05

hi i got an email with a program 123.exe i thought it was from a friend but now i cant use system restore i can access my virus software and i cant use windows search assistant, i also keep getting internet pop up saying about p.c security!!! help please!!!

Technotiger 22:02 14 Apr 05

Yes 123.exe is Spyware I would run any Ad-aware/Spyware programs that you have.
click here - in case you have not got this one.

Cheers.

gabriella 22:04 14 Apr 05

Hi

I think I can help with this one. I had the same thing v recently. 123 is spyware which really slows your computer down and causes it to do some v odd things. It links with a dialler whic has somehow installed itself on to your computer (downloading music perhaps??)

Get something like Webroot (30 day free download), MS Antispyware (free download)and get rid of it as soon as you can. Make sure you have good spyware protection running always as well as anti virus.

Hope that's helpful.

Gabriella a

gabriella 22:05 14 Apr 05

Hi

I think I can help with this one. I had the same thing v recently. 123 is spyware which really slows your computer down and causes it to do some v odd things. It links with a dialler whic has somehow installed itself on to your computer (downloading music perhaps??)

Get something like Webroot (30 day free download), MS Antispyware (free download)and get rid of it as soon as you can. Make sure you have good spyware protection running always as well as anti virus.

Hope that's helpful.

Gabriella a

Technotiger 22:05 14 Apr 05

I would further suggest that first, you go off-line, then disable System Restore, then run full Virus and Ad-Aware checks, then re-enable System Restore before going back on-line.

Good luck.

llollipoppi 22:26 14 Apr 05

can't use adaware it shut my pc down says something about dcom?

VoG II 22:33 14 Apr 05

Have you got any security updates for your PC? Go to Windows Update.

Run this click here

Then if you get a shutdown message, Start, Run, type in

shutdown -a

then run Stinger click here

Technotiger 22:39 14 Apr 05

Now that VoG™ is on-the-case, you are in good hands.

stalion 22:43 14 Apr 05

yes m'lud

Technotiger 22:49 14 Apr 05

Hi - bet you agree with me :-))

llollipoppi 23:12 14 Apr 05

so far i have downloaded webroot and it has deleted 20 files iincluding trojan bagle-b i have rebooted and everything is the same no system restore, no windows search and no acces to anti- virus security websites, i have managed to download avg and am about to run that and i'm also about to do what VoG tells me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…