have I got a virus?

applecroc 23:29 15 Jan 04

The pages on the computer keep going funny bringing up the menu pages and drop down boxes. THey are just taking over the screen. I thought I might have had a virus. Something odd happened yesterday a picture of a mouse ran across the web page on mail. Is there anything going about? Also when I click on internet explorer "Globe finder " keeps coming on as home page. I sort this every day and it still comes back.My mouse was playing up yesterday so I swapped it over for my old one. Could this have done anything? Any help welcome.

Q-Bie 23:31 15 Jan 04

re the browser problem, more than likely something has hijacked it, download spybot it hopefully will detect and remove it!

click here

AndyJ 23:47 15 Jan 04

Read this and try it if Spybot doesn't work click here

You can download CWShredder at the bottom of the page under "The Fix Known As CWShredder "

spuds 00:03 16 Jan 04

Try these also,both free and handy to have around Avast Virus Cleaner click here Ad-aware click here Plus make sure your anti virus software is upto date.

spuds 00:08 16 Jan 04

Sorry-- Adaware click here and/or click here

applecroc 07:57 16 Jan 04

Thanks for the advice. Think I'm sorted. After using as advised and restarting the computer homepage is as it should be, and everything seems back to normal. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…