Have I got a trojan ?

greybeard 19:33 29 Sep 05

Every so often my routine run of spybot, adaware and spyblaster turn up a security problem.
My question is - is it the result of something I do in downloading software - no, nothing dodgy, but often commercial sites that I have visited for info, or do I have something lurking in the udergrowth ?

The "address" of the problem appears as the following :-

Windows Security Centre. AntivirusDisableNotify

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Centre\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Centre.FirewallDisableNotify

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Centre\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

The security ware gets rid of the current problem ie adware appears where it hadn't before, then after the program has removed the problem, the ads are no longer there.
However I am concerned that I don't know the cause. Am I right in thinking that it is my visiting the sites, rather than something worse ?
Advise or reassurance greatly appreciated.

VoG II 19:37 29 Sep 05
  greybeard 20:02 29 Sep 05

Thanks for your quick response. I've had a look at your link, and I read it to mean that I could have brought about the alert by my own actions, but it throws it up just to keep me on my toes !

VoG II 20:06 29 Sep 05

Have a read of this earlier thread click here

Personally I have set Spybot to ignore these.

greybeard 07:48 30 Sep 05

Thanks for the extra link VoG, all is now clear, and I too have followed the advice in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…