Have i got a trojan?

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:05 26 Jul 04

whilst looking through "end it all", which is a kind of task manager (that lets one close or protect progs from the desktop) i noticed

lsass.exe LSA Shell (export version)

it will not allow me to close or kill it, all options are greyed out??

is this what i think it is? and if so is there a free download to remove it?
thanx in advance
ZT

sil_ver 00:09 26 Jul 04
  helmetshine 00:21 26 Jul 04

sil_ver

I think the first letter was an L not an I...if it is an L then it's a system process click here site did say however that a couple of viruses appear with the same name so you need to know where it is....if it's in the System32 folder it's ok....elsewhere and it's a virus...thats assuming your OS is eithe 2000 or XP

spuds 00:30 26 Jul 04

click here

You could download and use Trojan Hunter, and see if that comes up with anything.

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:33 26 Jul 04

its SMALL L lsass.exe

its shown as a system proccess but it does'nt show the actual address,

i wonder because for the last few days my comp's been taking longer than normal to do as its asked,
sometimes 2-3 secs

spuds 00:34 26 Jul 04

Trojan Hunter download click here

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:35 26 Jul 04

thanx will give it a go,

(win xp pro)

helmetshine 00:50 26 Jul 04

Sorry zerotolerance..i realise it's a small L...i capped it tho as a small one looks too much like an i

You could do a search for it....make sure system folders,hidden folders and search subfolders are ticked in advanced options

If you find it in System32....System32/ddlcache and service pack files it's ok....anywhere else and it could be a problem

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:31 26 Jul 04

ok thanx,
im off out now il check when i get home an post result,

thanx again

ZT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…