Have I got Lovasan A

spuds 15:33 25 Dec 03

After a recent computer upgrade and overhaul, the machine was returned with a Virus Detected warning, stating that I had Lovasan A.I would suspect this was from the downloading of drivers by the technician. I re-installed all my safety devices, Microsoft patches and ran various checks via Avast Cleaner,Avg etc. Eventually I got the all clear, and the virus had been 'healed'. I now seem to have a problem when I leave my computer on standby. The dreaded message that I have Lovasan A, and I must clear it with AVG.The only problem,when I run a test with AVG, Avast, nothing shows, and the all clear is given. I have tried various other methods, and downloaded Bullguard/BitDefender on suggestion via Google, but still the virus infection is not shown.

Is the computer showing a error message on standby mode, or is the Lovansan virus hidden away somewhere. Love to get rid of the message or virus, whichever is causing the problem.

VoG II 15:37 25 Dec 03

It may be lurking in a Restore Point. Try turning off System Restore, scanning, then turning SR back on click here

spuds 14:59 26 Dec 03

Done as you have suggested. I have also downloaded Stinger for testing. Fingers crossed, and all well I hope.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…