Have i got intruders

LANDCRUISER 14:20 21 Jul 05

Hello,can you help to put my mind at ease,when using the pc i sometimes hear a click after i click on a program as if someone else is using the pc i have ran adaware spybot & microsoft antispyware,antivirus & every thing seems ok,i running windows xp service pack 2, why do i get this clicking.

TonyV 14:30 21 Jul 05

I suspect it is a feature of XP. I, too, have XP with SP2 and my machine also clicks at times when I am in Internet Explorer, for instance, and go from page to page etc. I do not really think that you have a problem there!

Cheers

TonyV

LANDCRUISER 14:35 21 Jul 05

Hi Tonyv, you say this happens to you as well but i have been using service pack 2 since it came out & never befor have i heard this clicking sound it just does not seem right

SANTOS7 14:36 21 Jul 05

click here
if you want to turn it off......

woodchip 14:41 21 Jul 05

Check the sound is not the Hard Drive as that's what I was hearing with a new Laptop until I watched the Drive light when I clicked

LANDCRUISER 14:44 21 Jul 05

Hi Santos7,thanks for your reply,i am getting this clicking on every thing & not just on IE will this stop it on every thing or just ie

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:50 21 Jul 05

start-control panel-sounds and audio devices-sounds-start navigation -and set to none.

G

spuds 14:58 21 Jul 05

May sound daft, but have you a set of headphones plugged into the computer, or a set of speakers set on very low volume.

I have a pair of headphone resting away from the computer, and on occasions distant noises can be heard coming from the headphones when moving about and clicking on various programmes.

Another consideration. Do you have a 4in1 printer with fax facility. Sometimes you may find clicking noises coming from that.

LANDCRUISER 15:01 21 Jul 05

Hi,Woodchip & Gandalf, the sound is coming from the speakers & not from the hard drive,i used to get a click when pointing to a program & clicking the mouse button but now i get one click as normal followed by another later as if you had clicked onto another progam i cannot believe this is correct

LANDCRUISER 15:05 21 Jul 05

Hi spuds,the answer to your ? is no & no, no anyway the config of my pc has not change for ages

SANTOS7 15:09 21 Jul 05

click here
this may help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…