have i got IE7 issues?

johnnyrocker 23:27 01 Nov 06

i waas offered ie 7 as a download via my updates on sp 2 xp pro ie6 since which time i cannot access hotmail or msn messenger any ideas or should i just restore to before what appears on the face of it to be a useless update?

johnny.

anskyber 23:45 01 Nov 06

If you have any plug ins eg google toolbar they should be disabled for the installation. A number of people have experienced problems with access to their Hotmail accounts after IE7. If you have such problems then in the first place download this. click here It is nearly always successful. If you still have problems go into Tools, internet options and set all the settings to their default position. If that fails you can go into Add/Remove programmes from the Control Panel and uninstall IE7, it will automatically roll back to IE6. To find IE7 in add/remove you will need to ensure that “show updates” is ticked at the top of the page. IE& is better but importantly it has a number of extra security features.

Hayrick 23:46 01 Nov 06

I am oldish (77) and perhaps don't like change. Took ages to find the rest of the tool bar and no history button that I could locate. Coward I restored to IE6. Could well be me but I'll stick with 6 for now.

johnnyrocker 00:22 02 Nov 06

thanks for your tips, i do not have any extra plug ins as mentioned, but strangely enough the download has resolved a different issue i am posting in re no text when one hovers over a click here.
hayrick i have no alteration at all in the configuration of my explorer.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:26 02 Nov 06

cant even connect to microsoft using your link the pc goes nowhere to finding it.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:44 02 Nov 06

not sure where the problem lies cos system restore has not resolved either so i shall tick as resolved and see what tomorrow brings.

johnny

Danoh 08:32 02 Nov 06

johnnyrocker; I have not had your issues since my IE 6 was updated to 7 automatically.
Is it all internet access or just the services you mentioned?
IE 7 seems to use whatever default settings it finds. So it would be worth you checking the Connections and internet settings it has picked up, to make sure they are correct.

Hayrick; History button can be shown via the "Tools" settings at the far right on the top tool bar. As can Favourites, etc.

xania 08:43 02 Nov 06

Funny how it always seems to pay to let others find out about Microsoft cock-ups. Think I'll hang on to this stream for when I upgrade.

Hayrick 09:07 02 Nov 06

Thanks Danoh for your help but I'll stay with IE6 for now

anskyber 09:25 02 Nov 06

Internet Connection Settings--If you notice a problem connecting to websites, it might be because the upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 changed your Internet connection settings from what they were set at in Internet Explorer 6. To work around the problem, follow these steps:

Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Connections tab.
Click the first entry in the Dialup and Virtual Private Networks list, and then click Settings.
Select the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.
Repeat the previous two steps for each entry in the Dialup and Virtual Private Networks list.
Click the Lan Settings button in the Connections tab, and repeat steps 4-6. Click OK on the Connections tab.
Close Internet Explorer, and then restart it.

johnnyrocker 09:44 02 Nov 06

thanks for your tips i am not on dial up i am on 'always on' broadband and have no probs with any other sites just msn and microsoft adaware and spybot came up clear.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…