Have I got an analogue capture device?

Tenacious Green 21:00 14 Oct 05

How do I know if my PC or video card already has the capability of analogue video capture? What piece of hardware should I be looking for?

Tenacious Green 21:03 14 Oct 05

Should of mentioned my Video card is NVIDIA Geforce FX 9000XT. I currently use firewire, but would like to transform some old VHS. (Cor blimey VHS sounds so old its scary)

john-232317 21:09 14 Oct 05

Buy a stand alone DVD recorder and connect to your vhs recorder.

Tenacious Green 21:13 14 Oct 05

Can't do any fancy editing with that though! I have Sky+ so can't justify the expenditure just for that purpose.

wobblymike 21:28 14 Oct 05

you need a video capture card (pci) i do a lot of tape capture and if you are going to get one you could do a lot worse than a Fly TV platinum card I got one recently on ebay.

One word of caution the capture software that come with it is alright but basic, I purchased video impression 2 from arcsoft which is great if you want any more gen post back

Tenacious Green 21:56 14 Oct 05

Thanks. Is this an Internal Device or external?

Have a look at this. Very highly thought of.

click here

Tenacious Green 22:02 14 Oct 05

Interesting, but expensive! Thanks

absent 22:16 14 Oct 05

Try this,it worked great for me click here

absent 22:24 14 Oct 05

Forgot to mention it comes with a version of Ulead Video Studio in my opinion a great editor.

Starfox 22:34 14 Oct 05

Take a look at this click here

dadyassa has a point,you need a lot of time and patience to capture VHS on your pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…