have i broke my epson printer?

redmen 13:16 12 Mar 06

i was printing off a load of documents last night when the printer started making a strange noise and all the paper had fed half way through and got stuck so instead of feeding the rest through i pull the paper back out. now when i load the printer up with paper and ask it to print it tells me the paper is not loaded correctly. iv noticed at the back where i load the printer there's a rubber part that looks like it should feed the paper through but unless i move it to a certain position it doesnt do anything. can anyone help or have i broke my printer???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:19 12 Mar 06

Epson printer what model?

redmen 13:27 12 Mar 06

epson stylus c44 plus

rmcqua 13:53 12 Mar 06

If you pulled the paper back with some force (which I guess you had to, to remove a bunch of sheets) then I fear you may have damaged the printer. They don't like force being applied backwards to the paper feed mechanism.

spuds 13:58 12 Mar 06

Have you checked for a piece of paper or obstruction etc still lodged in the printer.

Did you try to clear the jamming, by removing the paper from the rear or front. If you pulled the paper from the rear, then you could have dislodged a sensor.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:19 12 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…