Have I been done?

alexgray104 13:52 27 Feb 05

At christmas I purchased a Acer Laptop from Comet in Bath and I was impressed - up until now that is. In the computer specifications it said it had 256mb of RAM. I don't know loads about computers - I just wanted one to do my work on, so it didn't occur to me to check if it actually had that of memory (I wouldn't know how anyway!). So when AOL did a check up a few days ago I was quite suprised to learn that AOL thought my system would do better with 256mb of ram because it only had 196mb. Is there anything I can do to make Comet or Acer upgrade it? Because it took a long time to save up for and I don't want to be forking out for upgrading it when i've only had it 3 months.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:54 27 Feb 05

Have you tried taking it back to the shop?

Dorsai 13:55 27 Feb 05

Your Pc may share it's memory with an onboard Video Adaptor.

Does it have 'onboard graphics'?

If so, this may be where the missing ram has gone.

powerless 13:57 27 Feb 05

You more than likely have 256MB of RAM but some of it is shared with the grpahics.

Although I've never seen 60MB of shared graphics bfore.

Mango Grummit 14:06 27 Feb 05

On my 256 machine it reads 192 as the "missing" bit goes to onboard graphics so yours will be about the same. You've not been done!

961 14:11 27 Feb 05

Does it work the way you expected and do what you wanted it to do?

If the answer is yes, then BE HAPPY. There are loads out there that don't have that satisfaction

The answer is as described above. The missing bit is working to provide the picture you see on the screen

Fingees 14:15 27 Feb 05

If you want to upgrade you size of memory, you can checkout what to buy at click here
It runs out at about £30 for 256 Mb.

Diodorus Siculus 14:18 27 Feb 05

click here is the link above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017