have i been conned

Rocker 13:40 18 Oct 03

hi iv just got ms office 97 from a boot sale. but when i try to install it the pc says this is a upgrad cant find any supported software on harddrive so install is canceld. is there a way to install this or have i wasted a £5 im useing win xp home. thanks

woodchip 13:46 18 Oct 03

Yes if you do not have old MSOffice to upgrade to

Andsome 13:55 18 Oct 03

CONNED

I would never ever buy anything like this from a car boot sale. If you have a problem, taking it back to the seller is extremely difficult.

dagbladet 14:09 18 Oct 03

Good point Electron (though slightly po-faced). So you gambled a fiver, don't worry about it. Who knows next time...

Rocker 14:31 18 Oct 03

thanks i wont buy from boot sales again

May be a way round it if you have an old version of "works" or another older word processor - i.e. it was not just another version of office you could upgrade from - have a look here - click here;en-us;q158069

Try again - click here;en-us;q158069

Not playing at all is it - time for plan B

SUMMARY
Microsoft Office 97 is available in two versions: a retail version that you can install on any compatible computer, and an upgrade version that requires that a qualifying product be installed on your computer or that Disk 1 from the qualifying product be available when you run the Setup program.

This article lists the products that qualify you to use the upgrade version of Microsoft Office 97. The retail version does not require a qualifying product.

Note Some of the qualifying products listed may not be recognized by the Microsoft Office 97 Setup program. If this problem occurs, contact Microsoft Product Support.
MORE INFORMATION
The following lists are separated by product type.
Office Suites
Microsoft Office (all versions for Microsoft Windows and Windows NT)
Microsoft Works (all versions for Windows)
Word Processors
Microsoft Word for MS-DOS (2.0 or later)
Microsoft Word for Windows (all versions for Windows and Windows NT Workstation)
WordPerfect for MS-DOS (4.0 to 5.1)
WordPerfect for Windows (5.1 to 6.0)
Spreadsheets
Microsoft Excel for Windows (all versions for Windows and Windows NT Workstation)
Microsoft Multiplan, all versions
Lotus 1-2-3 for MS-DOS (2.01 to 3.4)
Lotus 1-2-3 for Windows (1.0 to 4.01)
Presentation Graphics
PowerPoint for Windows (2.0 or later)
Scheduling
Microsoft Schedule+ (7.0)
Project Management
Microsoft Project (1.0 or later)
Databases
Microsoft Access (1.0 or later)
Microsoft FoxPro for MS-DOS (2.0 or later)
Microsoft FoxPro for Windows (2.5 or later)
Microsoft Visual FoxPro for Windows (3.0)

Gmac 17:31 18 Oct 03

Try open office: open office.org

Its open source and a free download and better than office anyway. Fialing that star office has all the features of ms office professional for around £60.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…