Have a got the colour scheme right???!

RRH 17:10 10 Dec 06

Hi there I recently launched a site called click here (Group dating)

I have had a mixed response about the colour scheme of the site and am considering changing it, please can you take a look and tell me if you think it is worth keeping....

Also If you have any interesting ways to market this site, or own a site that may fit in with mine for a banner exchange let me know.

Thanks.

yattonharrytoo 17:50 10 Dec 06

I think the pick background is too heavy personally. Try this website for colours.

click here

It is excellent.

yattonharrytoo 17:50 10 Dec 06

Sprry PINK background!!

RRH 17:57 10 Dec 06

you mean stick with the pink but a less 'offensive' shade?!

PurplePenny 19:58 10 Dec 06

Personally I don't like it: the pink background and pink on white text make it look a bit like a Barbie page!

On a more serious note pink on white may not have enough contrast for some people to read easily.

Some of the photos look squashed which doesn't give a very good impression of the site (and doesn't flatter the people).

RRH 20:06 10 Dec 06

yeah had a few issues with the pics and their loading times, thanks for all your advice!

Kate B 23:57 10 Dec 06

*dons sunglasses* My eyes! The pink fading to orange is awful, I'm afraid. I clicked the site shut as soon as possible - I'm sure you don't want your potential customers to do that.

Gaz 25 18:00 30 Dec 06

Marketing...

well the site for a start is very far from SEO optimised. PM me for more details on SEO optimisation.

However, colour looking good in my opinion.

There's a few other marketing ideas, but I'm wary of discussing my tactics as they have worked for years - and if competition knew about it - then the chances of it working would be low in the future.

I was able to get a website above dell and microsoft for vista ready computers (currently a top phrase)

I also beat Vadim computers on the phrase custom computers

However, I haven't re-optimised my website since and I'm currently dropping down - so looks like it's time to re-optimise.

Gaz 25 18:01 30 Dec 06

I agree about the orange, I would fade it into a light pink.

Gaz 25 23:49 30 Dec 06

mail sent. :-)

Forum Editor 00:14 31 Dec 06

personal email addresses in the forum. If you want other forum members to contact you for a specific reason ask them to do it via our email link, but otherwise keep everything here, in the thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…