Have down loaded some avi files and cant get it to

AaNnDdYy 21:57 25 Feb 06

play i have quicktime which i downloaded before for my mobile 3g files but i also have media 10 player as well and have reinstalled this and still connot get the film to play it said i needed codecs i got codecs and then qicktime played it as such but with no sight or sound just qicktime player start to finsh ,,, has anu one got any ideas as i have just recently become a file sharer and its no good if i cant watch what im down loading !!!! Anyway any help would be appreciated thanks all !!!!!!

iqs 22:30 25 Feb 06

had a similar issue with certain players on my pc,sound but no picture.installed the latest free version of DivX,not sure if there is a phone version.now all the movie clips i download play perfect .hope this helps

AaNnDdYy 22:40 25 Feb 06

the phone is no problem i have own program for that its the avi files but it says on media player when you install it that it supports it

Kev.Ifty 22:55 25 Feb 06

Try.. Open Windows Media Player. Click on TOOLS/OPTIONS, now select FILE TYPES click SELECT ALL and APPLY.

Try to play the file again. See what happens.

Kev.Ifty 22:59 25 Feb 06

See ashdav's excellent post....

click here

Cheers

AaNnDdYy 10:52 26 Feb 06

link doesnt work ?i will get back to you

AaNnDdYy 11:10 26 Feb 06

hello poeple what a fine sunday ,anyway down to the grind right i have gone into options and appled all that i need and it still doesnt work i have msn searched the lot i find out loads of info but not what i want and as i only have a 2gb limit a month i cant be downloading every thing in the book ,web,so please right here is the message and code it displays and i have gone to windows and still cant get what i want unless im just extremly thick ! which is what im thinking now lol := Windows media player.Cannot plat the tile, one or more codecs required to play the file,could not be found . And when i track back it says the problem is C00D109B andi search and get a load of crap about developing windows media player over years ,but nothing to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWJH 13:08 26 Feb 06

Have you tried connecting to the web, start WMP, go to tools/options and on the "player" tab place a check in the "Download Codecs Automatically" box, the whilst still connected try to play the avi file, and WMP should search and download the required codec.

JWJH 13:10 26 Feb 06
  AaNnDdYy 19:14 26 Feb 06

right i have done that and i had to install the othermedia player ,i have the film playing now but it stops 8 mins into it and then i tryed to chang the settings and the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH appeared and shut down and now im alive again!

skidzy 19:21 26 Feb 06

Have you tried Real Player ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac