hauppauge win tv

birkdalite 10:46 12 Apr 04

Has any one any experience of this programme and can help please? I am trying to update but all I can get is desktop logo win tv 2000 over an error message " cannot locate capture filter" Thanks

birkdalite 10:47 12 Apr 04

Sorry I should say using win xp

Dekka123 10:56 12 Apr 04

I use this programme and have done for years and if you are trying to update to a newer version you have to uninstall the previous one first using the hcw file from the installation disk.

Pauper 11:17 12 Apr 04

Another one running win2000 on XP here - with a pci card, the Hauppauge site shows some potential solutions related to the error click here , about 2/3 of the way down under "Error Messages when attempting to run WinTV32 or WinTV2000", also gives further info if you are using a usb verion.

Stuartli 12:02 12 Apr 04

You have to install one of the two programs before the other - it's outlined on the Hauppauge website.

As Dekka123 says, uninstall the previous version first. The utility to do it can be downloaded from the website (hcwclear.exe).

birkdalite 13:20 12 Apr 04

Thanks gents, followed all instructions to no avail.I think its bin time! a bit long in the tooth any way. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5