Hauppauge TV card - no audio?

conquistador 20:21 20 Jul 04

I have purchased and installed an Hauppauge Win TV PCI television card. I have managed to tune it in and get very good pictures, only i dont have any sound. Do i need another audio lead and if so is it a:
specific one?
where do i get it from?
how much will it be?
how do i fit it?
sorry for so many questions.

conquistador 20:37 20 Jul 04

Come on guys this must be an easy one for you experts.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:52 20 Jul 04

Had a simular problem with a Pinnacle card had to plug in a cable(came with card I just didn't look in bottom of box) between the TV card and input to sound card. It has a stero jack plug at each end. check the plugs on the back of your TV card.

However check you do not have anything muted in your volume control.

Tony_B 22:11 20 Jul 04

I have a Win TV card on my machine also. Supplied with the card was a small cable that I had to plug from the TV card to my line in socket on the back of my sound card. Do you have this cable it should have been supplied with the TV card.

woodchip 22:29 20 Jul 04

You should have a cable from the TV card to the Line in on the sound card. at the back of comp

conquistador 19:42 21 Jul 04

No i bought it off ebay second hand, no cable should be easy to gat 1 shouldn't it.

Totally-braindead 19:50 21 Jul 04

If your card is the same as mine was its a 3.5mm jack plug on each end, one end goes in to the audio out on your TV card and the other plugs in to your sound card. Put another way the plugs the same as you use on a set of headphones for a personal stereo, should be very easy to get and shouldn't cost more than £2.

conquistador 19:59 21 Jul 04

Thanks Totally-braindead, will look on ebay for one. Thanks to Woodchip, Tony_B and Fruit Bat /\0/\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…