haunted pc

bobby-c 18:47 17 Feb 04

athlon 500 cpu 256 mem windows xp office xp
can anyone help with this wired prob
if i start to type email or ms word the curser
goes ```````````````on its own!!!!! then fills in with garbled typin no matter if on the net or not
i think it only happend when i installed msn
i have removed msn and the prob is still there
i have run sfc also virus scan any help please
thanx

JIM 19:03 17 Feb 04

have you system restored yet? changed the keyboard? Key board software?

haunted pc no good on this forum it may spread :)

bobby-c 19:23 17 Feb 04

unplugged keyboard while it was doin it still carried on . done sys restore still the same

JIM 00:03 18 Feb 04

appears corruption somewhere.You could try an other install of MSN which may help, even if you feel that's when the problem started.

Check the task-manager/processes to see if there is any items running that may not be the norm,Spyware etc.------Spybot-s&d worth having.

click here

Try an online virus scan,as a second opinion check.

click here

or

click here

Have a look via run command, msconfig, startup programs.Look for any items that may be unknown to you.Go to the Event viewer via my computer manage,check out applacations,security systems for any log errors = red.May give you a clue.

Pop the system into the Safe mode and see if you have the same result(typing wise)

If all seem well,go to PC PITSTOP for a system check online.

click here

No need to pay attention to any hardware points/scores, but see what the general situation is that is reported/Rec.

See how you get on,not an easy one to handle without some time spent checking.

JIM 00:07 18 Feb 04

if you come across any virus, trojan, etc make sure you disable System restore during any fix.

Eastender 00:38 18 Feb 04

Have you got a microphone fitted?

bobby-c 21:07 18 Feb 04

yes i have a mic fitted

bobby-c 21:13 18 Feb 04

going to try a few of your ideas i will post back to let you know how i get on many thanks

explicitlyrics100 21:16 18 Feb 04

you could also try using adaware to see if there is any nasty advert programs that do this.. though i cant believe they would make them that are so nasty...

bobby-c 22:07 19 Feb 04

hi all
i removed my mike but it still carried on
also installed msn
downloaded spybot s&d that seems to clear it up
spooky typin has stopped also net is faster
many thanx to all of you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…