Has your CD or DVD ROM suddenly disappeared?

DannyOH 22:07 07 Jan 05

Owing to my most recent computer disaster, I discovered that there is a whole world of misery out there, with everyone trying to discover why their CD or DVD ROMs had suddenly and inexplicably disappeared off their systems--and no answers (seemingly) to be found.

As it took me ages to find the solution, I feel I might do them all a favor and post the cure.

If anyone out there is receiving the error message in their Windows XP Event Viewer:

"Device...... disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal."

Go to click here

-where you will be instructed to remove the Upper filters and Lower filters values completely from the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

(then restart your computer.)

It worked for me, like a charm!

easy search terms:
code 39, code 32, code 31,
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware."

—and a Happy New Year to everyone.
DannyOH

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 23:03 07 Jan 05

NOPE,but....my hardisk constantly disappears,not in the same way as your DVD drive,but from the bios i have XP installed on primary and slave.lol.its funny switching in between the 2.im on slave at the mo.lol.i wish i could resolve this.sigh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…