Has the site been having problems?

Simsy 05:49 10 Apr 04

Hi folks...

It's now Saturday morning and I'm accessing the site from work. Yesterday evening I was unable to access the site from home, (but could get to all others OK). I normally use Opera, but I had no joy with IE either.

It was the same 24 hours ago... I got on Friday morning from work, but hadn't been able to get on Thursday evening from home...

Was it a site problem, and a coincidence that the problem occurred when I was at home, or have I developed a problem with my home pc?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

howard60 06:37 10 Apr 04

I had no problems yesterday evening so suggest you check your home pc.

hoverman 07:03 10 Apr 04

No problems here either.

jack 08:45 10 Apr 04

The problems associated with getting connected to a particular site can be many.
I you are sure your set up is still Ok- You conect with others, Then it is possible your server is routing you through a busy or clogged route.
Just persvere.
j

end 09:25 10 Apr 04

no problems here either......and have been browsing at odd times too for solutions to things i need, and having no difficulty....

VoG II 09:29 10 Apr 04

What actually happens, Simsy?

Simsy 09:37 10 Apr 04

work committments means I can't spend much time online today.... hence the delay in my responding...

VoG™, what happens is that it tries to connect, then, eventually I get the "can't connect, try later message" As I say, no problems with other sites so I thought it might be a PCA thing...

I'll try again when I get home later this afternoon.

Thanks for all input.

Regards,

Simsy

spuds 13:13 10 Apr 04

No problems connecting, just difficulties with the search facilities. Keep returning answers 'not found'.

Simsy 13:45 10 Apr 04

I'm now back home and have got on without a problem...

I guess it was a combination of bad luck and co-incidence!

Regards,

Simsy

Brian-336451 13:55 10 Apr 04

I've been accessing the site over the last few days from Bangladesh / Saudi Arabia and I'm now back in Dhaka.

I've had no problems whatsoever, so it might be a corporate firewall, or just something not quite right.

Hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…