Has the Router got to be close to the BT master so

GBL 14:12 20 Mar 11
Answered

Hi, my current home set up is as it always has been in that my Router, and Modem before that are three phone sockets away from the BT Master socket, I have phone sockets in all rooms although now most are redundant.
I use Homeplug adapters for use with my Foxsat box to view iPlayer, when required.
I have not experienced any problems that I am aware of.
I am considering going for BT Infinity but see that they install the Router close to the master socket, this will mean that I will either have to use Homeplugs for my computer or go wireless. Does the Router really need to be that close or after installation can I move it??

woodchip 15:19 20 Mar 11

No, My Router is about 100 foot away from router. I am on TalkTalk about 1.5 miles from Exchange and get about 7 meg on a 8 meg connection, and that is wireless

GBL 16:08 20 Mar 11

So I assume that after the engineer has set up Infinity I can move the router when he has gone.

john bunyan 16:31 20 Mar 11

I am using a Belkin N+ wireless router, Pipex / Tiscali. The Router is upstairs (better for wi fi) with ethernet to desktop alongside and wifi to a laptop. No difference in 6.5 Mgps speed (Up to 8 contract) between direct wiring to main BT socket or the upstairs extension on a 25 m lead. All outlets have filters.

GBL 19:04 20 Mar 11
Answer

Thanks to all, I might just go for it and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now