Has NTL been down?

Valvegrid 18:15 07 Sep 03

Has anyone else had problems accessing NTL yesterday morning and most of today?

Nothing is mentioned on the server status. I live in Walthamstow, East London.

Giantsquid 18:19 07 Sep 03

Seems Fine and Dandy in the North West.

Valvegrid 18:25 07 Sep 03

Thanks Giantsquid, I think it's a local thing, I just wondered if anyone else in the East London area has had the same. I just wanted to make sure the set top box is on the blink. I'm not confident of getting sense from customer services after previous conversations with them.

Valvegrid 18:26 07 Sep 03

Should say NOT on the blink.

Lozzy 18:52 07 Sep 03

What you need to do is unplug the power to the cable modem turn off all connected PC's and wait 30 secs.

Then turn back on the Cable modem first then the PC's all should be ok thereafter. Occasionally with NTL you have to clear down the cache in the Modem itself.

WaiKent 18:56 07 Sep 03

had problems with ntl last week where it was really slow browsing with IE.

broggs 19:10 07 Sep 03

Its always slow with I.E.Change to mozilla firebird or opera and you will notice a big speed up.

rambus 19:22 07 Sep 03

just to let you know your not alone, ntl has big problems on the wirral, so so slow all weekend wait ages for pages to load, and this is 600k broadband!they admit that there is problems with the service and are working to find a fix.

howard60 19:28 07 Sep 03

Yes it was off at 6 a.m. on Saturday morning I live in Ilford. It was on when I tried at 8 p.m. Saturday night

Valvegrid 21:53 07 Sep 03

Lozzy. Done all that, four times!!! Normal procedure.

broggs. I don't use IE, I use Avant, it goes like lightning. click here I tried Firebird, but it hasn't got an un-installer, so I spent the next half hour removing the registry keys and putting the file associations back the way I want them when I removed it.

rambus. Nothing wrong with the speed of it down in the smoke here, it's always been very fast, hope they sort the problem soon.

howard60. Thanks for your answer, you have confirmed my suspicions.

Kind regards all

Giantsquid 21:58 07 Sep 03

No reported problems in your area according to NTL, although Brighton is having a problem as of now, how far is that away from you about 30 miles ?

Up the Orient !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…