Has my mouse died?

smellideadskin 13:55 19 Dec 06

Not quite sure whats going on here: I've noticed for some time now that when I click on a link it doesn't work, yet other times it does. This usually happens when I'm online, I'm left clicking away going nowhere.
The PC's only 3 years old, and I've given the mouse a good clean inside and washed the ball thingy with a little washing up liquid and water, as prescribed, but it still happens. Could it be my battery, or what...........?

anskyber 14:04 19 Dec 06

Is it cordless?

€dstowe 14:04 19 Dec 06

They do wear out and I always keep a stock of spares for my studio.

Ball mice are more prone to wear than optical ones so, give your computer a Christmas treat and buy it a new one - they needn't be expensive.

anskyber 14:27 19 Dec 06

I see from your pm to me (incidentally that facility should only be used if invited to do so) you do not have a cordless mouse.

Usually the corded variety do not have batteries since they gain power direct from the PC. There are other explanations, such as drivers, but I agree with €dstowe it sounds like time for a change.

See if you can borrow one from somewhere just to rule out other PC related issues.

smellideadskin 12:23 20 Dec 06

thanks for all the suggestions guys. After trying many things, it turned out to be my resent update to Explorer 7. Either it wasinstalled properly or it has some problems it needs to sort out. Anyway, I uninstalled it and everything whent back to normal - mouse is working fine. I'm going to get another download of it and try again later.

xania 14:23 20 Dec 06

There are loads of threads here and elsewhere about the problems of IE7. Unless you really need it, leave it alone and enjoy your PC working correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac