HAS MOTHERBOARD GOT A VIRUS

woom 12:50 26 Jul 05

ONE DAY AGO I DID A AD-AWARE SCAN ON A AMD 1800+ COMPUTER AND FOUND ABOUT 600 THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE,HAD TO REBOOT ABOUT 4 TIMES TO DELETE ALL THE BUGS .AVAST FOUND 16 VIRUS,S NOW THE INTERNET WILL NOT WORK AT ALL .
I TRYED TO DO A REPAIR WITH XP DISK AND CLEAN INSTALL IT FROZE JUST BEFORE THE FORMAT PART ,IT WAS THE SAME WITH WIN 2000 ,ONLY THING I CAN PUT ON IS WIN 98 BUT WHO WANTS 98

CAN ANYONE HELP

harps1h 13:02 26 Jul 05

for a start loose the capitals its considered bad manners (it means your shouting) first of all have you changed the boot up sequence to cd rom then hdd? if you haven't try that first and see if xp will format. don't try to repair just do a clean install

uisquebeathus 14:04 26 Jul 05

More info on the format type Fat32 or ntfs, althought if you can get win98 on it could be either Fat32 or Fat16,Size and type of drive.
Have you got the antivirus set in the bios?
If its on W2K or XP will stop loading as they cannot look at the Bios info.

woodchip 14:32 26 Jul 05

I suggest you get the Floppy boot discs from hear for XP then format the drive NTFS click here Then load your Operating System from CD.

Do not do this if you only have XP restore disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…