Has Imaging gone from XP??....

kevvyb 09:58 29 Nov 03

Is the imaging program that was included in Win98SE gone from XP. I don't like what I've seen fo the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Imaging seemed much more sophisticated and business like.

I have a lot of tif files from my 98 installation to which I need to be able to apend new scans. How do I do thi sin XP if it the program I used previously is not there?

Please tell me I just haven't found it yet.

©®@$? 10:02 29 Nov 03

start/all programs/accesseries/paint

is that what your after

Simsy 10:14 29 Nov 03

But the programme called "imaging" is at the following address in 98se;

C:\WINDOWS\KODAKIMG.EXE

It might help you find it if it is installed?

Good luck

powerless 18:49 29 Nov 03

The Imaging is installed with an Office application.

Chegs ® 18:58 29 Nov 03

Its possible to copy the "imaging" from a 98se cd to an installed XP using a bit of german software.I used the instructions from Fred Langa,but as my scanner steadfastly refuses to work correctly with XP I deleted all the prog/instructions.I will try looking it up again on Langa's website,but I'm not 100% sure it was in his newsletter. :-)

Chegs ® 19:14 29 Nov 03

click here I seem to think this "could" be the email,only Langa is presently shifting his whole site over to another host,so until he gets it sorted most links aren't working.

Yokel 16:32 01 Dec 03

Photo Editor is there in my XP. This has scan functions and handles TIF (+GIF,JPEG,PCD,PCX,PNG,TGA,and BMP).
I don't think it gets a Programs shortcut by default so look for "PHOTOED.exe" in Program Files\common files\Microsoft shared.
Noting Powerless's comment however I have got Office SBE.

terminus 16:51 01 Dec 03

I'm running XP pro and I have Imaging in accessories... But I did install the Office 2000 pros Second disc over the top..
Because I liked the 2000 Publisher. I didn't realise Imaging wasn't part of XP.

alcudia 17:04 01 Dec 03

XP Pro and no sign of the Kodak Imaging app. Also I am pretty sure that MS Photo Editor is part of Office, because it's in Start menu under Office Tools.

I wonder if the Kodak app is still there if you upgrade to XP from 98. Can't tell here as it's a clean XP install. At home it's an upgrade. I still have the old CD player so perhaps imaging is there as well. I'll have a look tonight.

Franky Lemonhead 17:21 01 Dec 03

I had to look in to this for the company i work for as it was needed to run one of our products.

Imaging is now provided by a third party company called eiStream Technologies, who have chosen to provide the software separately. To purchase this we had to go to the company directly, i am not sure if you have to do the same as a private customer.

noddy 1 19:52 01 Dec 03

Hi All
Photo editor is indeed part of the office package, I was also wondering where it had gone since the XP upgrage, I have just added it from my Office 2000 disks, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…