Has Google Chrome Been Infected?

jimforrest 18:04 PM 02 May 13

I have noticed over the last few days that very often, when requesting a search in Google Chrome, a pop-up appears asking survey questions. A disclaimer states that it's nothing to do with Google - so where has it come from? I have disabled all but the obvious progs through CCleaner (Startup) menu but it's still running. Any ideas on what it is and how I can get rid of it? Computer is running Win7.

Zak 18:29 PM 02 May 13

Chrome Settings

Under Privacy select "Content Settings ....". scroll down to "Pop-ups" and check that radio dial for "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)" has been selected.

Woolwell 22:12 PM 02 May 13

Check for malware.

lotvic 22:39 PM 02 May 13

Alter Browser settings to stop the popup surveys http://www.ehow.co.uk/how7924404stop-pop-up-surveys.html

lotvic 22:44 PM 02 May 13

Site messed link up, (if there are two _ in link it turns text inbetween to italics and breaks the link)

ClickHere for working link

jimforrest 00:03 AM 03 May 13

Thanks chaps - but no luck so far. Malwarebytes found 3 'malicious' progs (although I think they were programme downloaders), and Google settings was already set to stop pop-ups. But they are still popo ping up - the latest one came up when I clicked on the link for the BBC news - it's from Consumer Survey Group - but where is it hiding itself? The site address is www.consumersurveygroup.org.

Mar hfgfgf 20:11 PM 27 Jun 13

I'm having this problem too. There you are looking at a newspaper on the web, then a small pop-up window appears, and a voice begins to tell you that you've been selected for a survey. Yesterday, in exactly the same way I got a pop-up for a dating agency.

I followed the advice on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492906/i-keep-receiving-consumer-survey-when-i-use-the-internet/

which suggests using MalwareBytes and Superantispyware, but this hasn't changed anything.

Another symptom is that I use two screens, and if I view Chrome using a full screen on the left hand monitor, it jumps to the LH monitor at the same window size as the pop-up

I'm running Windows 7 and use Norton Internet Security

Help !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off