has anyone used wix.com

polish 21:43 PM 27 Jan 11

iam looking at doing a website for my business and have come across these click here has anyone used them.is there a catch with using a company like this

Ansolan 22:08 PM 27 Jan 11

Hi

Wix is a fun place but suitable for hobby sites only, unless you are in unusual position not appropriate for a business site.

The type of site can be problematic for some users and search engines. I don't want to start slamming wix, they offer a free way to have a presence on the web but to get the general drift, try reading in a few places like this:

click here

Ansolan 23:54 PM 27 Jan 11

"I think the world would be a better place if Flash had never been invented."

With emerging changes e.g. HTML5 be gone in a few years anyway. Appreciate a number of people disagree but they nearly all seem to be flash developers.

polish 18:04 PM 28 Jan 11

thanks for replys i will do further research to see which will be the best way forward for me

Forum Editor 09:00 AM 29 Jan 11

when I couldn't develop a website for a client without incorporating at least some Flash content - the world of web design was obsessed with it, and clients expected it.

I longed for the clean,fast world of static sites, and gradually I was able to achieve it in my own work. I can't remember when I last used Flash, and that's just fine with me.

polish 10:29 AM 30 Jan 11

thanks fe flash doesmt look the way to go

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED